Monday, February 21, 2011

My heart grew three sizes that day.

One year ago today a very large labradoodle named Milo came to live with us. Until that day, I didn't know I could be so loved by an animal. Milo is really big, really hairy, and things from outside stick to him like velcro then fall off the minute he walks into the house. He tends to get into the trash can for a midnight snack now and then and snuggles up in our bed when we leave the room. But he is so much more than that. He has become my favorite running partner, my snuggle partner when my husband works late, a friend for our wonderfully lazy basset hound and a playtoy for the kids (my daughter loves to dress him in her clothes). I don't think that I have ever even heard the dog growl. Milo is the epitome of unconditional love.

Enjoying his favorite pastime - running!

Izzy and Milo


2 comments:

  1. I love sweet Milo :) What a beautiful and fun dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I love the picture of Milo and Izzy looking at each other. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete